Punch Line: Consuming dried apricots reduces your risk of hypertension and strokes
The apricot is a tangy-sweet fruit with an orange-coloured skin that looks like a peach or plum, but with a smaller size. During the 1st century A.D, the Romans discovered the apricot and called it Praecocum, for its "precociousness."
The dried apricots we enjoy today have a concentrated nutritional value as well as a more intense flavour.
In this article, we will look at the health benefits of dried apricots, their nutritional values and the usefulness of apricots in a healthy diet.
Amazing Health Benefits Of Apricots:
The following are some of the most amazing health benefits of apricots that have been dried.
1) High In Antioxidants
Antioxidants help protect the body from the toxic effects of harmful free radicals in the body. They neutralize free radical damage which can be harmful for the body and help prevent premature aging, cancer, heart disease, and even depression.
The three most antioxidant vitamins are beta-cartone, Vitamin C and Vitamin E and apricots are abundant in all these three vitamins.
2) Helps In Weight Loss
Dried apricots are a low-calorie sweet snack that keeps unhealthy sugar cravings at bay. The fibre content is dried apricots is high and this combined with its delicious taste, satiates the sweet tooth and helps avoid sugar and junk food cravings, thus helping you lose weight.
3) Builds Strong Bones
The Health benefits of apricots include helping build strong and healthy bones. Dried apricots are an excellent source of calcium and this helps in strengthening the skeletal system and preserving nerve function in the body.
4) Improves Eye Sight
As we grow older, prolonged time on devices can strain our eyes. The vitamin A and Vitamin E in dried apricots help the eyes by improving vision, preventing night blindness and helping protect the eyes against oxidative stress.
5) Improves Skin Texture
The combination of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E is a potent skin elixir. While Vitamin C protects against sun damage and pollution, the antioxidant properties of Vitamin A and Vitamin E protect the skin from premature ageing and wrinkles.
6) Better Gut Health
The usefulness of apricots includes improving digestion and gut health. Dried apricots are one of the best natural sources of soluble dietary fibre. The soluble fibre in the body uses water to soften the stools, slow down the digestion process and ensure the absorption of nutrients in the body.
7) Reduces The Risk Of Stroke
According to studies, dried apricots are a rich source of potassium, and eating a diet high in potassium reduces the risk of stroke by lowering blood pressure, so eating a diet high in potassium can reduce the risk of stroke.
8) Prevents Liver Damage
Dried apricots prevent liver damage since they are high in antioxidants. Oxidative stress is a crucial cause of liver diseases and foods with high levels of antioxidants help heal the liver. Additionally, Apricots are a rich source of dietary carotenoids – a vital nutrient in the treatment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver disease.
9) Reduces Symptoms Of Anxiety and Improves Sleep
Studies have shown that low levels of potassium in the body cause symptoms such as mental fatigue, stress, anxiety and sleep disturbances. Apricots are a rich and natural source of potassium for the body and can alleviate some of the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
10) Prevents Anemia
Anaemia is a condition in which the lack of red blood cells in the body can cause an iron deficiency with symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, lightheadedness, digestive problems, and overall metabolic dysfunction. Iron and copper are found in apricots, which are essential for the production of haemoglobin and help treat anaemia.
11) Prevents Skin Infections
The vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E in apricots help to prevent skin diseases and skin infections like dry skin, eczema and dermatitis.
Nutrition Fact Of Apricot Dry Fruit
The nutritional values of 100 grams of dried apricots are as below:
|Dried Apricot (100 gms)
The usefulness of Apricot & Healthy Diet
Apricots are referred to as the 'golden fruit' because of their nutritional and medicinal properties. They are rich in bioactive phytochemicals, including carotenoids, flavonoids, phenolic compounds, and antioxidants. In recent times, nutritionists and dieticians have advocated the usefulness of apricots for a healthy diet.
Apricots are a nutrient-dense snack but they are very low in calories with a mere 48 calories per 100 grams. Studie have show that peoples of all ages can enjoy the usefulness of apricots in their diet.
- For babies (only after 6 months) and toddlers, the vitamin A in apricots helps to develop and improve their vision. Additionally, the vitamin A in apricots also helps to fight against intestinal worms that many teething babies have. Loaded with potassium and magnesium, apricots also help the brain development of toddlers.
- For older kids, including apricots in their daily diet helps to build their immune system to fight seasonal colds and other infections. The calcium in apricots also helps in bone development and growth.
- Pregnant mothers can enjoy the health benefits of apricots which includes iron and copper to fight against anaemia and prevent complications for the mother and child.
- For lactating mothers, eating dried apricots which contain tryptophan helps the body to increase prolactin – the hormone that is essential for helping the body to produce milk.
- For men and women of all ages, the usefulness of apricots includes managing blood pressure, controlling sugar levels and improving cardiovascular health.
Thus, we can conclude that regularly consuming apricot dry fruit benefits people of all ages and at all stages of their life
Buy Natural Dried Apricots From Nutrilitius
If you are looking for dried apricots online, Nutrilitius is your best choice for the best natural dried apricots you can find. Nutrilitius offers a number of benefits to its consumers by supplying the best quality apricots available.
- Naturally, sun-dried apricots without the addition of sulphur or other chemical additives.
- Deliciously soft, moist, and juicy texture and taste to satisfy all your sweet cravings.
- There is no added sugar to dilute the health benefits of apricots.
- Vacuum-packed without preservatives for the freshest, most natural product possible.
- Sourced from the best farms and processed with care.
- Affordable products with discounts.
- Graded and processed under strict quality control standards.
- Delicious and naturally dried apricots delivered right to your door.
Plant-based superfoods such as dried apricots provide high levels of vitamin A, potassium, and dietary fibre. It is nutritionally beneficial for people of all ages and is especially beneficial for gut health, bone health, eye health, and heart health. The consumption of apricots should therefore be part of your daily diet.
At Nutrilitius, our mission is to provide you with the best dry fruits and natural superfoods to help you lead a healthy life. In order to maintain freshness, all of our products are vacuum packed and delivered directly to the house of the customer. There is no doubt that our decade-old legacy has made us the leading company in the Indian market when it comes to nuts and dry fruits.