The idea of improving your immunity is tempting, but to do so is proved not as easy as it seems for several reasons. To maintain the immune system, it is healthy to strengthen your immune system, that is to choose a healthy lifestyle. We can make several lifestyle changes to help strengthen your body’s natural defence against harmful diseases.
Immune system is our body’s way of protecting itself from infections and deadly diseases; it fights against cold and flu to life-threatening conditions like cancer.
Reasons Why Immunity Is Less In People Nowadays
Immune system can get affected by unhealthy lifestyle, stress and emotional trauma in our life, they can make us more prone to diseases and weaken our immunity.
Ten Tips To Improve Your Immunity
By maintaining a healthy diet, having immunity booster supplements, drinking 8 glasses of water, exercising and maintaining a sleeping schedule you can improve your immunity. Let’s discuss about them in details
Below are the top 10 tips to improve your immunity
1) Eat lots of fruit & vegetables - You must have heard the quote "You are what you eat", it's because the food we choose to put in our stomach directly affects our body, so it's important to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Try to add as much leafy green vegetables in your diet as you can and try having citrus fruits, as they are known to improve your immune system.
Summary - By eating fruits and vegetables, you can improve your immune system as they have antioxidants, fibre and proteins to shield from harmful diseases.
2) Avoid Alcohol - Alcohol is toxic for our health, and it is associated with many diseases, which can make you vulnerable to harmful infections. It can weaken the range of communication between the organisms and the intestinal immune system. It compromises the immune system and your body's immune system.
Summary - Drinking alcohol can weaken the immune system, you can easily get ill and find it harder to recover from illness. Alcohol reduces the good bacteria your immune system needs and the number of antibodies your body needs to fight deadly infections.
3) Immunity Booster - Immunity booster contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties which can boost immunity. It can improve the body's metabolism and improve cholesterol and high blood pressure by managing cholesterol and blood pressure and reduces the risk of even heart attack. For example, Nutrilitius Shield Immunity booster has curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to fight off all the disease and boost the immune system.
Summary - Immunity Booster can help improve cholesterol and high blood pressure by managing cholesterol and blood pressure and reducing the risk of even heart attack.
4) Drink eight glasses of water daily - Drinking water flushes out harmful
Toxin from your body, it is extremely important to drink at least eight glasses of water in a day. You can include herbal tea and freshly squeezed fruits and vegetables juices in your diet. Kindly note that coffee and tea do NOT count towards your eight glasses.
Summary - Water carries oxygen to body cells and flushes out harmful toxins from the body, which leads to a proper functioning system.
5) Stay Active - Exercise can flush out bacteria from our lungs and clear out airways. It can reduce the chance of getting the flu or cold.
Try to walk whenever you can. Use the stairs instead of the lift. Exercise regularly to maintain your health. It can be any form of exercise, walking, jogging, swimming, skipping, etc.
Summary - Exercise improves our immunity by making us feel more energetic and healthier. It has an enormous positive impact on our overall well-being.
6) Keep a check on your stress level - We know our mental & physical health is connected. Stress contributes a great deal to our mental as well as physical health.
Long-term stress can cause inflammation to our body and can contribute to imbalance in the immune system. It is possible with meditation and yoga. Meditation can manage your stress level, or you can always seek a counsellor or therapist helps if your stress level feels out of hand.
Summary - Stress creates cortisol hormone, which can suppress your immune system’s ability to fight harmful invaders.
7) Avoid fatty food intake - Try to focus on healthy fats, such as coconut oil, olive oils, nuts, seeds, etc. Unhealthy fatty foods, like fast food, are extremely harmful to our body, and they increase the risk of many diseases and make you vulnerable to other infections.
Summary - Fast foods are high in sugar and fat and have too many calories, which makes us prone to infections and can increase our blood sugar.
8) Have a positive attitude - Social anxiety is a major issue nowadays, it leads to people isolating themselves. It is mentioned in the WebMD website that several studies can claim the effectiveness of a social life on the immune system.
Summary - Positive attitude towards life can have a powerful effect on immunity, and can make you live a healthier and longer life.
9) Practise deep breathing - There is scientific evidence to back up the claim that when we breathe, the movement of Diaphragm stimulates lymph flow. It is connected to immune response. It can lower our cortisol level, blood pressure and improve arterial blood flow.
Summary - Deep breathing can improve digestion, strengthen chest muscles and also strengthen the immune system by reducing stress.
10) Sleep for 7-8 hours per night - By maintaining a bedtime routine can help to get a good night's sleep. It is extremely important to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night to function. If our body doesn't get enough sleep, we may feel lethargic and won't be able to function properly, which can affect our immune system.
Summary - Our bodies require 7-8 hours of sleep daily to recharge from our day and to keep our immunity strong.
How to boost the immune system quickly?
You can enhance your immunity by eating enough healthy food, by being physically active, maintaining a healthy weight, getting enough sleep and avoiding things that are harmful for your body such as alcohol and smoking.
Which foods boost the immune system?
It is advised to have citrus fruits, red bell peppers, broccoli, spinach, almonds, turmeric, papaya, etc. to improve our immune system. Some foods are high in Vitamin C and curcumin, which is found in turmeric, which helps to build up our immune system. It fights against harmful bacteria in our body.
How Nutrilitius helps in boosting immunity?
Nutrilitius shield capsules have curcumin, which is found in turmeric and has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to fight off diseases and boost the immune system. It is known to improve the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric extracts can ease joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
How to strengthen the immune system against viruses?
We can strengthen the immune system by staying up to date with your vaccinations, maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, keeping ourselves hydrated, getting plenty of sleep and minimising stress.